The PIM internship program is a formal effort to advance the knowledge of students that, in their normal university environment, would not get exposure to fundamental digital marketing practice. As well as the opportunity to live and work in the UK, the student will also gain access to valuable life experience, adding to their maturity whilst greatly improving his or her written and oral English language skills.
We seek to provide each participant with training and hands-on experience in various facets of digital marketing work. Participants are inducted into the subject of internet marketing at the beginning of their internship. The program operates out of the Cardiff (Wales) office of Pinnacle Internet Marketing, normally on a semester system with three sessions per year: spring (January to May), summer (June to August), and autumn (September to December). We do, however, sometimes accommodate interns outside of this schedule to fit in with their requirements.
Although Pinnacle Internet Marketing internships are unpaid they often offer direct exposure to the workings of a digital marketing organisation. Students can arrange academic credit, close supervision by PIM staff, interaction with clients, sometimes attend sales exhibitions and contribute to the workings of a live digital agency. Students should check with their individual academic institutions for requirements.
Monitoring and Evaluation
The monitoring and evaluation at Pinnacle Internet Marketing seeks to follow an intern’s progress with the issue of a student progress form. This will act as a record of all of the intern’s work and development. The training is very hands on, normally conducted by a director of PIM.
At the end of a successful internship, a student is awarded with a certificate which will be graded as a pass, merit or distinction.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Creating video scripts for short videos
- Learning to create a whiteboard video using in-house software
- Learning how to optimise videos for YouTube and Google
- Writing blog articles (in English)
- Keyword research
- Competition analysis
- Search Engine Optimisation
- On site Optimisation
- Google Analytics set up
- Google Webmaster Tools set up
- Off site Optimisation
- Link building
- Content distribution
- Web 2.0 set up
- Social bookmarking
- Wordpress Development
- WordPress set up
- WordPress security
- WordPress plug-ins
- WordPress publishing
- Attending Exhibitions
All interns will assist in answering the phones and other general administrative and support duties as assigned.
- All applicants must be either currently enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, an accredited college or university as a degree-seeking student.
- Recent graduates of postgraduate programs and students at postgraduate level will be given preference.
- Successful applicants will have a demonstrated history of excellence in their studies and will be in pursuit of or a recipient of a degree within the following fields: Marketing, Business Studies or another relevant field.
- Applicants must have excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as a highly developed proficiency in computer use, including database, spreadsheet and word processing.
- Additional creative skills and proficiency in software such as Photoshop, Dreamweaver and WordPress would be a distinct advantage.
- Applicants must be able to speak English and will be expected to undergo a telephone interview before selection.
- Applicants should be well organised, self-motivated and reliable and should be able to work well both independently and as a part of a team. Successful candidates will demonstrate a history of accepting direction, taking initiative, and working well with both supervisors and peers.